Emerson fans combine dependable structure with effortless style and continue to be industry leaders in motor construction. Emerson makes ceiling fans in a variety of styles, sizes, and finishes suitable for either indoor or outdoor use. Building your own ceiling fan to fit your specific style, like the Emerson Carrera, will ensure that you never have to settle for less than perfection.
Pioneering Emerson Ceiling Fans
Known simply as America’s Fan Company, the Emerson Electric Manufacturing Company was founded in 1890 in St. Louis, Missouri, with one objective in mind – to develop a reliable electric motor. The company succeeded in achieving this goal by manufacturing the first motor to run on alternating current and by 1897, the business was booming. In 1895, the manufacturer introduced electric Emerson ceiling fans, which became an instant success. Today, the ceiling fan manufacturer retains its lead as the largest maker of fractional horsepower induction motors, and holds two patents on control fan speeds.
How to Use Emerson Fans in Your Home
Emerson ceiling fans are suitable for indoor and outdoor use. They are perfect additions to the home and office, and many models, like the Emerson Loft, are Energy Star qualifed. Each fan is outfitted with hand-carved blades, hand-polished plated finishes, and exceptionally engineered motors for a long-lasting product. Build your own ceiling fan or check out some of Emerson’s most popular ceiling fans:
- Emerson Hugger Ceiling Fans - These low profile fans have a compact design intended for rooms or spaces with a ceiling height less than eight feet as recommend by the NEC, but they provide the same performance as a standard Emerson fan.
- Emerson Ceiling Fans with Lights - These fans have light kits, which are included with the fan at the time of purchase or sold separately, that provide functional general and task lighting.
- Emerson Outdoor Ceiling Fans – These UL-rated outdoor ceiling fans are made with moisture and rust resistant parts as well as all-weather blades that guarantee a lasting performance.
- Classic Emerson Ceiling Fans - These ceiling fans have a traditional feel that never goes out of style.
- Contemporary Emerson Ceiling Fans - These fans have cutting-edge silhouettes and finishes that create a strong design element.
Emerson fans are durable and supported by strong warranties, ranging from 10 years to lifetime guarantee depending on the product. Antique ceiling fans manufactured by Emerson are highly sought after by vintage collectors.
With over 100 years of experience in technology innovation, Emerson ceiling fans continue to uphold the mission set in 1897 by its founder, J.W. Emerson, to create a product that is not only handsome, but also well crafted.
Last edited on 03/30/15 by Nada Manley